Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Series: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Media Type: Anime (Based on a Light Novel, but that is not covered here)
Mangaka: IGARASHI Yusaku(Author), Shaa(Artist)
Length: 12 Episodes(Season 1) & 12 Episodes(Season 2)
Genre(s): Comedy, Daily Life, Romance

Introduction:
First off this talk will mostly be about the first season, a. it was better, and b. second is a direct sequel to first season, and also takes a more harem direction. Ok secondly I did enjoy both seasons, though the 1st season was definitely better. Last quick thing yes only the anime will be covered in this talk, there is however also a novel and a manga. The original work is the light novel. I will only be covering the anime since I have not read the manga or light novels (would love to read the novels), supposedly the light novels are much better then the anime, but again I have no idea if that's true.

Description:
Ok this is mostly your typical boy and girl (of course the hottest girl in the school) fall in love story, but are both new to romance. There is however 2 twists, though I will only mention the one, other one is a bit of a spoiler. The first twist is that the girl Haruka Nogizaka loves anime/manga, but this is a secret from everyone. The show progresses a romantic path, though later it does enter borderline harem territory (esp. in the 2nd season). There is a good bit of fan service in this (including panty shots), but there is no nudity in it. Ok onto the summary now...

Quick Summary:
Ok we start out with Yuuto, who is pretty much your typical guy, he however found out that Haruka loves anime/manga, which was secret from everyone. However instead of making fun of her like the people in the past he does not make fun over her, and even promises to keep her secret. Obviously this is what initially gets them together, they then slowly become friends, and eventually fall in love with each other. From here you basically follow them and watch there relationship progress...slowly.... Like a few other series the relationship starts to progress very very slow after a certain point, though with the pace of the show it works. Of course like most shows there are also a few other girls who have there eye on Yuuto, and also Haruka has a little sister who is kind of like the match maker, and is always trying to get there relationship to progress throughout the show.

Closing Comments:
Overall I enjoyed this show, especially the 1st season. But this type of show is not for everyone it can be quite ecchi at times, and overall the relationship progression is slow. Also not a very rewarding show, in some ways the pace reminds me of Pastel, though we get more almost scenes then Pastel. Anyway I would recommend it, but I would also warn not to expect too much. If you could I would try the novels, supposedly there better, but there not licensed in the US, and I don't remember if there are any translations online.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.