Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Love Hina

First quick I'm going to try to make these posts shorter again, but I make no promises...

Series: Love Hina
Media Type: Anime & Manga
Mangaka: AKAMATSU Ken
Length: 14 Volumes; 24 Episodes, 3 OVA, 2 Movies/Specials
Genre(s): Comedy, Harem, Shounen

Spoiler Amount: Minimal

Quick Intro:
Ok first off this was the first manga series I ever read, and also the first series I ever bought, so I am probably a little bias. Well simply put Love Hina and Gundam X (Will talk about eventually), are the first animes I really watched and also the animes that got me into anime, so of course I had to check out the Love Hina manga. Like the anime Love Hina follows the same story, though has a few additional characters and alterations, but the manga goes beyond where all of the Love Hina animes end. Otherwise there close enough to the same to discuss in one post.

Description:
Ok Love Hina is basically about a guy who is trying to get into Tokyo U named Keitarou. Currently he has failed the entrance exam a few times, and ends up going to see his grandmother (reason varies from anime to manga). Love Hina is a harem with Keitarou obviously in the middle, along with quite a few girls all with distinct personalities who slowly fall for him. Keitarou is your typical harem main character he's a great guy, but clumsy and misunderstood, which causes a lot of misunderstandings.

Quick Summary:
Keitarou is a ronin at the start of the show, he has failed the Tokyo U entrence exams a few times, but continues to try to get in. Why you might ask, well to fullfil a promise with his childhood romance obviously. Though he doesn't remember much of anything about this promise besides the actual promise and it was with a girl. After failing again Keitarou (the male lead), goes to visit his grandmother who runs a girls dormitory. Due to certain circumstances he ends up becoming the temporary manager of the dormitory, much to most of the girls disapproval. Oh yes not to mention this is a hot springs girl dormitory. Here we meet most of the main cast within the first 5 episodes, though later a few more enter the scene. Of the girls that live in the dorm the most important is Naru, she is also trying to get into Tokyo U, though she is trying to get in for a somewhat difference reason. From here we have a lot of misunderstandings, and every major character gets a back story eventually. From here romance blooms, but though most of the show most of the girl do not admit they like him, though he only really likes the one girl. Without giving too much away there is a summary.

Closing Comments:
As I mentioned Love Hina is one of my favorite mangas and animes. Just so you know this isn't one of those we accomplish our goal and it ends, this story actually mostly concludes with a wedding at the end. If you enjoyed Love Hina I would also suggest A.I. Love You, which is also written by Ken, same sort of plot, but with a technological twist in it. Well I have talked enough here I'll shut up. Oh yea on a final note the manga still has about 2-3 more volumes after the anime ends. I would also suggest the manga over the anime, but they are both unique in there own ways.
Oh yes, if you have any suggestions any anything in these posts, such as format, or what not let me know in the comments, I am still trying to figure out how I want the posts set up.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.