Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ai Yori Aoshi

Series: Ai Yori Aoshi
Media Type: Anime & Manga
Mangaka: FUMIZUKI Kou
Length: 24 Episodes(Season 1) & 12 Episodes(Season 2); 17 Volumes
Genre(s): Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Harem, Romance, Seinen, Slice of Life

Introduction:
Again Ai Yori Aoshi is one of those shows I watched a good while ago, and again I started with the anime, and then went onto the manga. Now although the 1st season of the anime follows the manga closely, the second season does not follow the manga much at all. Also as usually the manga goes beyond the anime. The first season of the anime I thought was really well done, but the 2nd season was a let down.

Quick Summary:
Ok so we start out with our main character Hanabishi Kaoru who is currently a Jr. in college. One day he meets a girl who is looking for an address and being the nice guy he is he helps her, however they end up going to his house since they were unable to find it. After talking for a bit Karou realizes that she is Sakuraba Aoi, his childhood friend, and also who he was engaged to marry since he was young. She realizes she wrote the address wrong eventually, and when she realizes that he is Karou, she is ecstatic, since it was him she was looking for. See Karou was once part of a rich family and he was engaged to Aoi since he was young however due to certain incidents, Karou ran away from home, and cut all ties with his family. However Aoi really loved him, so she was devastated by this, and eventually went out to find him, which is where our story begins. They then start living together, and rediscover there pasts, and fall in love all over again. Unfortunately for Aoi Karou is quite popular, and eventually a whole cast of other females begin to flock to also live with Karou, just like your typical harem. From here until about 3/4 through we mainly follow a typical harem type plot, but towards the end the story shifts to a climax, that will allow Karou to finally settle things with his family, but will he get to stay with Aoi after this? Only by reading the manga will you find out.

Closing Comments:
Again most of it, especially in the anime, is a typical harem plot, with many girls and one guy. However the guy already knows which he wants, and does not truly love any of the others in a "love" type way. Throughout the story the past has a habit of showing up, which only thickens the plot, and makes it even more interesting. Again I would suggest watching the anime first then the manga, since the manga has more detail then the anime, and if you read it then watch it you will probably get board with the anime. Again a mostly heart filled tail of a girl and a guy, with many other distractions keeping them apart.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.