Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano)

Series: His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano)
Media Type: Anime & Manga
Mangaka: TSUDA Masami
Length: 26 Episodes; 21 Volumes
Genre(s): Comedy, Drama, Psychological, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Introduction:
Not much to say about this, was also one of the first anime series and mangas I bought. First I watched the anime, then I read the manga. If you want to do both I would suggest this order also, since the anime will be better if you watch it before you read the manga since the manga is definitely more detailed and better, and the anime ends before the actual ending. Again I watched/read this series a good few years ago, so my summary may not be 100% accurate, but it should be close.

Quick Summary:
Like many of my talks, this series is mainly a school life romance, though technically it goes beyond school life. However it is more of a serious type of romance then a goofy/funny romance for the most part. Ok so Kare Kano starts out with our main character Miyazawa Yukino who is a perfect student, always rated number 1 and an overall nice, beautiful, just perfect student. However this is at school only, at home her personality shifts 360 degrees and she is basically a rotten, spoiled kid, who doesn't care about her looks or anything which is a secret from everyone except her family. One day Arima Soujiro who is just as perfect as she is in school, and end sup becoming her arch rival. However one day Arima visits her house (don't recall why I think to return something she left at school), and she was expecting one of her family members, thus when the doorbell rang and she answered. Realizing that she made a mistake, and now that her secret is out she begins panicking. However when she goes to school the next day everything is normal, however will it stay that way, or will there be an unexpected development? Read or watch the show to find out, I can almost guarantee you wouldn't be disappointed.

Closing Comments:
Great characters, relatively deep story, always interesting, what's not to love. Kare Kano is a very fun anime and manga, basically all the characters are lovable and the story is mostly just a warm romantic story from early on to finish. Of course all your standard trials exist old girl friends, etc... but they are all handled well and everything feels relatively realistic. Overall I enjoyed both the anime and manga a lot, and I would suggest you should at least try it out if it interests you at all.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.