Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gundam X

Series: Gundam X (After War Gundam X)
Media Type: Anime
Creators: Tomino Yoshiyuki, Yatate Hajime, e.g.
Length: 39 Episodes
Genre(s): Adventure, Drama, Mecha, Romance, Sci-Fi

Introduction:
Ok again this is actually probably the first anime I ever watched knowing it was an anime. Borrowed it from a friend watched it, loved it and later imported it. Gundam X is not licensed in teh US, and probably never will be it didn't do so well, and was even cut short at 39 episodes though it still concludes nicely. Personally this is one of my favorite Gundam series, but that could be because of it's significance in my current anime/manga hobby. Although this is Gundam it is different from most of the other series, here there is a heavy concentration on the love story in it, and it takes place after the huge war not before/during it.

Quick Summary:
So we start out on Earth, but a mostly destroyed barren Earth due to the outcome of the 7th Space War. Basically Earth vs. Space, Earth used mobile suits and Gundams to fight, while the colonies used a trump card, and dropped some of the colonies, thus causing a 7 year nuclear winter. It is now 15 years later after these events and we pick up with out main character Garrod Ran. The world is currently full of these groups called Vultures, basically scavengers. One of these vulture groups (Freeden) is lead by Jamil Neat, who is and old war veteran, who fears that the powers will repeat the same mistake from the previous war. Except this time the powers are planning to used enhanced humans, a.k.a Newtypes to dominate the world. In steps Garrod Ran who is I recall initially breaks into the Freeden to steal things from them, this is where he meets Tiffa Adil, who he immediately falls in love with, and also kidnaps her, while making there escape they are spotted by a member of the Freeden, so they hide out in some old ruins, where we stumble upon a Gundam X from the old war. Stuff happens, and eventually we sort of join the Freeden in order to protect Tiffa from harm. Eventually he is not fighting to protect Tiffa as much as him and Tiffa are fighting to save the world from destroying itself again. (Some details in this summary might be semi-wrong, haven't watched this show in 5 years or so, but I think I'm right with most of it)

Closing Comments:
Ok so basically your classic save the world from destruction Gundam, with a slightly stronger focus on love then in many of the other Gundam series. It has its comical moments, but overall Gundam X is a rather serious show. Later in the series there are many twists, and at the end a wtf!? moment, but every show needs one of those somewhere :p Anyway this is not one of the more popular Gundam series so it might be hard to find, but I'm sure you can find it online somewhere if you really want to see it though you should buy to support the creators.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.