Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hana Kimi

Series: Hana Kimi
Media Type: Manga
Mangaka: NAKAJO Hisaya
Length: 23 Volumes
Genre(s): Comedy, Drama, Gender Bender, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Introduction:
Hana Kimi what to say. A cast of various different character types all with there own quarks. For the most part Hana Kimi is a romance, though there is a bit of a reverse harem eventually. Simply put guys questioning there sexual orientation, is just fun :p lol Oh and I read this a good while ago, so I don't recall everything, but I know it was fun, and I enjoyed reading it.

Quick Summary:
How far would you go to meet and be with the guy you admire? Would you transfer to an all boys school, and pretend to be a guy? Well that is just what Mizuki Ashiya did. She did just that, applied and entered into the all boy's school (dressed as a boy) that her idol goes too. Meet Izumi Sano her idol, he was once a great high jumper, but quit for unknown reasons. From here begins the fun, and much to her surprise she ends up as his roommate, and unknown to her he finds out her secret. Through most of the story we see both characters in love with one another, but she wouldn't confess since she's currently a guy, and he doesn't confess since he doesn't want to trouble her since he knows her secret. Throughout the story a bit of a reverse harem forms, but with guys liking the main girl who is a guy, thus they begin questioning their sexual orientation. Everything else is pretty much your typical school romance, but all of the characters are fun, and most of them develop well throughout the story. A few chapters before the ending I found to be a bit of an unexpected event, but it all turned out just fine in the end. Oh yea forgot to mention the school doctor, pure awesomeness.

Closing Comments:
Well Hana Kimi is a fun manga, with a very amusing cast. The slight differences compared to most other high school romances really help it make an identity of it's own. Again this is only a manga, there is no anime, I actually bought this one just by chance, it was cheap on ebay so I bought it, and I'm glade I did. By no means is it my favorite high school romance, but it is worth a read.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.