Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Rosario to Vampire

Series: Rosario to Vampire
Media Type: Manga and Anime
Mangaka: IKEDA Akihisa
Length: 10 Volumes(Season 1), Ongoing(Season 2); 12 Episodes(Season 1), 12 Episodes(Season 2)
Genre(s): Action, Harem, Romance, School Life, Shounen, Supernatural

Introduction:
Ok first off I will mainly discuss the manga here not much about the anime. Simply put the anime follows the basic, but has nothing on the manga. If you have seen the anime and quit you still might want to try the manga. Ok first the anime is basically your typical super ecchi harem (30+ panty shots in ep. 1). Although the manga is a harem, and ecchi it does not focus on that too much. Personally I think the manga had a nice balance of action and harem, though the most memorable parts are definitely a few of the action scenes in the later volumes.

One Sentence Summary:
Getting accepted to a high school is never easy, so why not apply at some unknown school, that turns out to be a school for monsters...not to mention you are the only human that goes there.

Quick Summary:
So we start out with Aono Tsukune, your typical middle school graduate looking to get into a high school. However there is a problem, he hasn't been accepted anywhere yet. One day a strange man gives his family a advertisement for a high school, and of course he applies to it. He finds out he has been accepted, but the bus that picks him up has no one else on it. Even stranger the tunnel they go through to get there seems to go on forever. Once thy arrive he notices the odd forest/swampy scenery. Ok from here we run into a beautiful girl named Akashiya Moka. Though a series of events we find out that the Rosario necklace on her neck is actually a seal, and that for some reason we are the only one that can remove it. However we also learned form this that Moka is a vampire, and we are attending a monster academy where monsters learn to be more human like. As expected he reacts as anyone would "I want to get out of here now". Lucky eventually Moka convinces him to stay, and she also knows that he is human at this point, which is a secret among a very select few (at this point her, the head master, and bus driver). Oh yea and vampires of course like to suck blood, so Tsukune ends up as Moka's blood supply, though a romance does develop sort of. Of course like any harem we need other girls, so we have a big breasted succubus, a loli witch, a stalker ice demon, and later another witch with odd tastes. Ok so that sums up the main setting, now I said there was action, and I haven't discussed that so here I go. Most of the action consists of Tsukune running into the wrong people and getting attacked, and Moka saves the day. This gets a bit repetitive, but the monsters are normally interesting and actually have a description to them. The anime just sticks to the above manly, however the manga goes beyond that. Later Tsukune gets majorly injured and Moka injects her blood into him to heal him, which happens multiple times, but eventually something unique happens to Tsukune. Season 2 of the manga continues shortly after were volume 10 leaves off, and we focus much more on the action aspect of the series then the harem aspect.

Closing Comments:
Ok I know that was a long summary, kind of tricky to sum it up and still get all the major things across. Anyway this will be one you will probably either like or hate. I would not suggest watching the anime unless you want an ecchi harem with very little more to it. The manga I found to be quiet enjoyable although teh action can get a bit repetitive just when its getting very boarding big things happen to switch it up, and some of my favorite scenes show up (Think first time hollow Ichigo showed up in battle). As I mentioned try it, it's not for everyone, but some people I believe can enjoy it quite a bit like I did, but others will completely hate it. All I can say if any of this talk interests you at all try it see what you think.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.