Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Franken Fran

Series: Franken Fran
Media Type: Manga
Mangaka: KIGITSU Katsuhisa
Length: 4+ Volumes
Genre(s): Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Horror, Mature, Mystery, Psychological, Sci-fi

Introduction:
Franken Fran as you can guess from the title Franken=Frankenstein basically. First we shall start out with the warnings. Each chapter (in general) is it's own story, some are more then 1 chapter, but in general there short stories that are mostly separate from one another. Now I would say about 90% of the endings to these stories are not what one would traditionally consider "happy" endings. Most endings are gruesome, some more then others, and are a lot of times WTF endings. There is a lot of detail in these gruesome parts, so be prepared for that. Other then that it can be looked at as a fantasy/horror medical/surgery type manga.

One Sentence Summary:
Saving people that cannot be saved is impossible for a normal human, so why not let Franken Fran do it.

Summary:
Ok this shouldn't be a lot summery since it's not a persistent story, but I'll try to make it as detailed as I can. Ok the story starts off with the main character Fran. Fran is however not your typical female lead, for one she is a Frankenstein type creature, who was created by a genius surgeon (Can't remember his name). On top of being a Frankenstein, Fran also is beyond genius in the medical field, and also has beyond human skills in surgery since she has some "upgrades" (such as super eye site). So the surgeon who created her has been away the whole manga so far so not much to say about him, but Fran has a relatively normal personality, she likes to help people, though often times this turns bad in the end. Of course Fran doesn't live alone, she lives with and works with other Frankenstein creatures and human/animal hybrids. So the stories are basically about Fran helping people by fixing (in most cases) incurable or bizarre medical issues. This includes bringing corpses back to life, making a living head, etc... I personally like the variation in the manga since you never know what is going to happen, however you need an open mind, and a stomach.

Closing Comments:
Well that was probably the shortest summery I ever did. Again Franken Fran is interesting, but a lot of times disturbing. One chapter in particular was a "WTF no that's just F'ed up" chap that too this day still bothers me :p You need a stomach for it, and I also wouldn't suggest getting attached to any characters besides the main character (Fran and friends) since most of them have a bad ending. Overall it's unique on many levels, which sets it apart from other manga, however for some people it may be too unique. If you like horror/fantasy medical and gruesome/"WTF no" scenes do not bother you, try it. It is interesting and makes you think at parts, however if you do not like gruesome/"WTF no :(" scenes you probably do not want to read it, but it's your choice.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.