Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Itazura na Kiss

Series: Itazura na Kiss
Media Type: Anime
Mangaka: TADA Kaoru
Length: 25 Episodes
Genre(s): Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Introduction:
Ok so onto Itazura na Kiss now I have only seen the anime so far, though I am planning to get the manga and read it, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Ok so first off know the manga is incomplete and forever will be, the TADA Kaoru died in an accident (R.I.P) while moving before the manga was completed. However the anime does contain an ending that was found in some of her notes about the planned ending. So you do get an ending to the anime, and it is decently done, doesn't even feel rushed much.

One Sentence Summary:
What happens when a dumb girl confesses to a super hot genius guy, who totally rejects her, but due to certain circumstances, involving termites, they start to live together.

Quick Summary:
During the entrance ceremony 2 years ago Aihara Kotoko, fell in love with Irie Naoki at first sight. She has finally reached a point where she it tired of keeping it a secret, so she has finally decided to confess, and what better way then a love letter. While giving him her love letter he says "I don't want it", thus rejecting Kotoko who then vows to give up on him. The rest of this school day Kotoko basically mopes around, so her friends decide to throw a party to make her feel better. So after school we wind up going to our brand new old style Japanese house and having a party, when an earthquake strikes, a 2.5 on the Richter scale (basically not much of anything), and our NEW house collapses, and is the only house in the city to collapse. Luckily Kotoko;s dad has a rich super kind hearted friend who offers to take them in. On the way there Kotoko happens to look at the name plate 'Irie' it says on it, thinking no it can't be, she continues on. Opening the door we find a fun filled sweet family, until the two sons come to greet them. Much to Kotoko;s shock the older brother is Irie Naoki, and so brings about the begining of our one sided love story. Will it progress or not...read to find out.
A bit more about the family quick. Kotoko's dad really isn't in it all the much, mostly we focus on Irie's parents who are awesome. Iries father is simply a nice guy who is just that nice. Irie's mother however is awesome! She is one of those crazy mom's, throughout the story she is trying to get Kotoko and Naoki together, and she also acts like a pervert/stalker at times (outfit and all).

Closing Comments:
Another long summary. Expect quite a few twists and turns, along with an actual ending to it. As mentioned the mangaka died (R.I.P) before the manga was finished so the manga just suddenly ends, however the anime has the planned ending to the series (based on notes they found that she had). It is a very cute love story I enjoyed it quite a bit. My one issue with it is towards the middle we start getting away from the romance and going more into the carrier thing, which isn't bad I just like my romance lol. Well sorry the summary was so long, but it is one of the better romances I have scene in recent years.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.