Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Monday, March 29, 2010

CLANNAD & After Story

Series: CLANNAD & CLANNAD: After Story
Media Type: Anime, Game
Creators: KEY
Length: 24 Episodes (Season 1) & 24 Episodes (Season 2)
Genre(s): Comedy, Daily Life, Romance, School Life, Seinen

Introduction:
My first and probably only 1 of 2 or 3 triple + shows. Personally CLANNAD and the squeal CLANNAD: After Story are currently my favorite animes. First off CLANNAD the anime is based of a game by KEY with the same title. I have played about 1/3rd of the game, but because the English patch is incomplete still I have yet to finish it, but from what I played it so great, even better then the anime :p Though I found it hard to play it in the correct order so I could get the perfect ending since I so want to do the Nagisa arc :p Anyway After Story is a sequel to CLANNAD (Also the 2nd part of the game) that picks up shortly after the first season ends.

One Sentence Summary:
I can't come up with a good one sentience summary so: I Love Nagisa!
Ok I'll try a 1 sentience summery.
Boy meets girl boy feels bad for girl, boy takes care of girl, romance blossoms, etc...

Summary:
Ok I'm going to try to keep this simple though I could get carried away so I'll apologize now if this gets long.
A simple story boy meets girl, boy feels bad for girl, boy stays with girl and help her. Girl falls in love with boy, boy falls in love with girl, we all live happily ever after...sort of. Ok that was a pretty good summary I must say though a lot more to it then that. So we start off with Okazaki Tomoya who is basically a delinquent minus the fighting for the most part. He perry much hates the town he lives him, him and his dad are distant with each other, and nothing particularly good has every happened to him in this town. Enter Furukawa Nagisa who unlike Tomoya loves this town, but she has a chronic illness that caused her to have to repeat a grade twice. Begin the meeting of the two. On the first day of high school Tomoya is on his way to school (late as usual), when he finds a girl (Enter Nagisa) standing in front of the hill that goes up to school. She is just staring ahead in silence, scared to move forward since she hasn't been her in a year and most of her friends have already graduated. Here begins the guy feels bad for girl so he helps her out, and watches out for her. Later although this continues to some extent, but Nagisa also starts to help support Tomoya through his problems. Eventually we fall in love have a romance, etc... Now like most animes made from games we do have the main heroine, but we also have an arc for each of the other heroines in the game. These are well done, though a few of them feel a bit lacking. In the game obviously there is much more to each of these arcs then what is seen in the anime, but the anime does a nice job summing most of them up pretty well. As I mentioned After Story picks up shortly after the original concludes. I can't say much about it since there are major spoilers and twists in After Story, so I'll end my summery here.

Closing Comments:
Ok so CLANNAD as mentioned this is currently my favorite show, although Ef got close to it. I do own the 1st season subbed, and am planning to get the second season also. Along with the dubbed versions when they come out. If i say much more here it will sound like a fan-boy rant so I'll shut up. Anyway if your looking for a cute drama/romance try CLANNAD out you probably will not regret it unless you hate slower shows. Next review will probably be on a more interesting/unique horror-ish manga so stay tuned.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.