Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Princess Nine

Series: Princess Nine
Media Type: Anime
Creator: Date Kensei
Length: 26 Episodes
Genre(s): Action, Romance, School Life, Seinen, Sports

Introduction:
Ok, first off this is a talk about Princess 9 not Princess 69, just to clear that up. Ok, so awhile back I watched Taishou Yakyuu Musume loved it (Will do a talk on it next), so that was an old school anime about women rights mainly, but they did it in the form of an all girls baseball team. This one is similar in the girls baseball team, but Princess Nine isn't as much about women rights, more just about trying hard to achieve your goals. Anyway Princess Nine is only an anime as far as I am aware, and it is an older show, unlike most of the shows I have posted about. I actually have 2 other old school shows I want to post about, but haven't yet, eventually.

One Sentence Summary:
Awesome female baseball players trying to get accepted by the baseball committee and get to Koshien(Big Name Stadium in Japan), by beating all of the boy's teams.

Quick Summary:
Ok, so Princess Nine is a simple story about starting up a all girls baseball(Hard Ball) team in an all girls school. Basically it is the dream of the chairman...well chairlady in this case to create a female baseball team, and thus she recruits great players from all around to join the school and play on the team. From here we hit the first arc of getting 9 players to come and join us. Most of the players we get are experienced players, but a few are new to baseball. Second arc is getting accepted by the baseball committee so that we can actually compete. And the final arc is getting to Koshien, in the tournament. So the show is very straight forward, but of course there are a few twists. There is 1 main love story in it, well love triangle technically, and a side love story later on too. Basically not much else to say, most of the team are perky happy-go-lucky people in general. They face many struggles including the schools principal wanting to shut them down because they're an embarrassment to the school. That's about all I can really say without spoiling too much.
The main character Ryo is a greater than great pitcher, like her diseased father. The father although dead I consider to have a major part in the whole show he seems to like everything together. Ryo is for the 1st half a strong willed super determined girl. Later though she gets all messed up in the head (love and jealously) later on, and some this I found to be rather annoying.

Closing Comments:
Ok so this was a fun show, though through the 2nd half the main character pissed me off most of the time. Personally I do not like how the main love triangle ended (not telling how it ended), I think he should have ended up with the other girl personally I liked her better. But the 2nd love story thing was awesome and I loved it even though it was only prevalent in like 2 episodes. There also wasn't much of an epilogue to it, kind of just ended, which was a letdown, a nice text thing about there 2nd year would have been nice. Other then that it was a very enjoyable show, though mostly predicable, except the last game I really wasn't sure which way they were planning to go. Ok that's it for this talk, overall I would say it's worth watching if you do not have really high expectations, personally I liked Taishou Yakyuu Musume much better which we will discuss in the next talk.

~dinoman411

1 comment:

  1. Try watching arakawa under the bridge or look at the great anime dvd prices at (cecil04.blogspot.com).

    ReplyDelete

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.