Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Please Teacher!

Series: Please Teacher! (Onegai Teacher)
Media Type: Anime
Mangaka: HAYASHIYA Shizuru
Length: 12 Episodes + 1 OVA
Genre(s): Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Sci-fi, Shounen

Introduction:
First off this is one of my top 5 animes and has been for a few years now, so this might be semi-bias. Ok Please teacher deals with a student x teacher relationship/romance along with some sci-fi elements integrated in. There is also a sequel to Please Teacher called Please Twins, which technically is a squeal, but it focuses on a different set of main characters, and I think we only see the original characters once or twice. Please Twins wasn't bad, but I didn't like it anywhere near as much as I liked Please Teacher. In this talk we will focus on Please Teacher, maybe I'll make a later post for Please Twins.

One Sentence Summary:
Boy meets girl, boy finds out girls secret, principal misunderstands their relationship, so boy marries girl who in this case is his teacher.

Summary:
First off I consider Please Teacher to be a romance mainly, though there are some other elements in it, and it could probably be considered a harem technically. Anyway Please Teacher begins with Kei Kusanagi who one night witnesses a giant whirlpool open up in the lake while he is watching the stars one night. Suddenly a girl shows up out of no where in front of him. This causes him to flee and fall into a lake, and then suddenly he wakes up the next morning. During school that day the class finds out that there getting a new teacher, who introduces herself as Mizuho Kazami. Later that day she moves into the empty house next to where Kei lives by pure coincidence. Being the gentleman Kei is he offers to help he move in. From here we find out her secret, and she tries to get him to keep quite about it, and certain things happen and there relationship is totally misunderstood. For one wind up in a bath tube (with clothes on) together. And then the major misunderstanding of getting locked in the supply room together and the principal finding them there. A student teacher relationship is a very bad thing, so Kei's guardians get a call from the principal so that all 5 of them can talk this out. Much to Kei and Mizuho's surprise Kei's guardians tell the principal that Kei and Mizuho are married. This fixes the who misunderstanding, however after this to keep the lie going we do get married. From here we live the life of newly weds who have to keep their relationship a secret from everyone. Kei also has a interesting medical condition that is the other major focus of the show. Throughout the show we get to meet Mizuho's mother and little sister, and all of Kei's friends. It's a relatively small cast, but most of them have personalities and actually there is some other romances going on in the background of the main story. Ok that's it for this summary I know it wasn't my best summary, but I love the show so much it's hard to write a summary for it lol. Anyway if you like romances I would definitely suggest Please Teacher.

Closing Comments:
Please Teacher overall is a fun romance, we have the standard twists and turns along with some unique ideas/concepts. As I mentioned I really enjoyed this show (I'm a sucker for a cute romance), which lead me to buy both the anime and manga (haven't read the manga yet). Not much else to say really I highly recommend picking it up. Kei x Mizuho!! lol just had to put that :p

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.