Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Monday, March 15, 2010

High School Debut

Series: High School Debut
Media Type: Manga
Mangaka: KAWAHARA Kazune
Length: 13 Volumes
Genre(s): Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Introduction:
What to say just finished this up yesterday, also bought it awhile ago (still need vol. 8 though). So High School Debut obviously mostly takes place during the characters high school life, though there is a bit of college towards the end. Overall basically just a romance, no real other theme, there is some comedy, but it focuses on the romance most of the time. Can't think of anything else to say so onto the summery...

One Sentence Summary:
Entering High School can be difficult, so why not get a coach , or to be more specific a romance coach to help you get a boyfriend.

Quick Summary:
So we start out with Haruna who is just entering high school, and wants to get a boyfriend. One of the problems is Haruna has never had much interest in guys during middle school, instead she concentrated on playing softball, thus transforming her into a muscular tomboy. However in high school she quite softball and instead is devoting herself into finding a boyfriend, sounds simple enough. The one major problem is she has no style, she basically takes what she reads in fashion magazines and puts them all together thus leaving her looking like simply put a freak. One day she runs into a guy named Yoh, who is handsome and popular, but also hats girls, for certain reasons you'll find out later. Despite Yoh's lack of interest in girls he has great tastes and knows what guys want in a girl, so through some conversations, and displays of spirit, Yoh eventually agrees to couch her. He however sets down one rule she is not allowed to fall in love with him. And from here the story starts, the first few volumes are basically Yoh coaching her and Haruna learning what love is and trying to find out who she likes and wants to ask out. Can't say much more or I'll spoil things, but if you like shoujo you should like High School Debut.

Closing Comments:
So yea, I have wanted to read this for a while and got around to it a few weeks ago, loved it and finished it quickly. I also own the whole series. Now as for enjoyment I really liked almost all of it, though the end wasn't my favorite and I would have liked a better epilogue I cannot really complain. If you like shoujo or cute romance stories then you will most likely like this manga. If you want action this is not for you it's well written and holds your interest, but not much action. More about the ups and down and misunderstandings in a relationship then anything, which I found quite enjoyable. Well hope you consider trying it if it sounds interesting, I know I'm glad I did.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.