Sorry about the lack of update recently. I have 4 papers to do for next week, and finals coming up, along with looking for a job, so I just haven't had time. I will try to do a talk once a week or so though if I can.

~ In general unless the anime and manga are very different I will be talking about both together as one in a single post.

~If you want me to discuss a certain show or topic and my opinions on them let me know, by email, PM, or comments, and if I've seen it/know about it I will post about it eventually.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pearl Pink

Ok time for our first anime/manga talk. In every one of these I am going to try to standardize the format somewhat, though things may get added later.

Series: Pearl Pink
Media Type: Manga
Mangaka: TANAKA Meca
Length: 4 Volumes
Genre(s): Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Spoiler Amount: Excessive Spoilers

Ok first a short intro. So I started reading Faster than a Kiss, (not license, and will be discussed at a later time), but that aside, anyway I liked it a lot so I looked up what else the mangaka did, and Pearl Pink was there. Read the description and a few chaps online to make sure it was worth the buy. Decided it was, so I bought it.

They arrived this weekend, and I read it since I was home and it was only 4 volumes. The first volume simply starts out with your classic girl that the main guy meant when he was little and made a promise to marry suddenly shows up after x number of year (in this case 10 years I believe). Like usually girl remembers guy doesn't really remember it. From here it goes the classic girl trying to get guy to fall for her, and ends up falling for him harder, and he started to fall for her. Classic pattern, unlike most manga like this there is no other person in the romance, no love triangles here. Ok so this continues till volume 3, where suddenly the manga takes a unique turn.

Volume 3 and 4 moved away from the romance and went more onto the girl becoming successful as an actress, with the romance that was built up put into the backseat. Volume 3 and 4 did not really focus on romance much if any, but other problems and as I said mainly the actress thing, that's not to say there were no romance scenes, but it wasn't prevalent. At the end there was a nice paragraph epilogue, but there was no mention on how there relationship was doing, more a epilogue about their careers sort of.

All in all the first 2 volumes I absolutely loved, but the 3rd and 4th I felt that they moved away from what the manga was all about originally and went into a completely different direction, not necessarily bad, just not what I wanted.

Ok that is it for this discussion come back next time, not sure what I will be talking about then, maybe some One Piece or Bleach. Anyway sorry or the tons of spoilers normally there will not be as many, but just read this.

~dinoman411

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Remember this is my opinions/thoughts your free to disagree, but don't be an idiot about it.

*If I said something wrong please let me know and I will fix it, I've seen/read a lot of anime/manga so sometimes it's hard to keep things straight.